Photographs and Designs Copyrighted by Rosandra Simmons

Welcome to Motherhood... this is my online journal to share my experiences.

The last 7 years have been filled with the antics of my precious little man Sean. Now it will be the fun filled stories of not only my continued journey through motherhood, but Sean's journey as a big brother, and seeing the world through Andrew's eyes.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Reusable Lunch Box Items

I love seeing all the nifty children's items in the parenting and kids magazines. Right now I've been on a quest for reusable items for my son's lunch and snack boxes. Not only to be earth-friendly, but pocketbook friendly too. Those darn plastic storage bags get SO expensive to just throw away and they really aren't an item you can wash and reuse (despite what some of our moms used to do or think... you can't get them thoroughly clean). So here are some items I've seen/found:


Light My Fire Spork Little

These are BPA free plastic utensils with safety in mind for your little ones. I'm sure there are TONS of options now on the market. This is nice because you don't need separate forks and spoons.Picnic Pouches

If you can sew you can probably make these yourself.
They're like the plastic sandwich bags you fold closed, just out of fabric.



People Towels

Cloth napkins for kids... again if you can sew you could probably make your own. This site has some really cute patterns.



Of coarse there's my all time favorite Thermos... you can find all kinds of stainless steel lunch containers. FYI, just make sure your kids know you can't put them in the microwave. My son managed to ruin a couple of the BPA free plastic ones (I didn't know either that the plastic ones couldn't go in there), but now it gives me an excuse to get the stainless ones (which are my preference).

1 comment:

  1. We use lots of reusable things for our lunches...check out a friend of mine...this is her company and I love her lunch boxes.


    http://www.mysquaremeal.com

    ReplyDelete