Photographs and Designs Copyrighted by Rosandra Simmons

Welcome to Motherhood... this is my online journal to share my experiences.

The last 7 years have been filled with the antics of my precious little man Sean. Now it will be the fun filled stories of not only my continued journey through motherhood, but Sean's journey as a big brother, and seeing the world through Andrew's eyes.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Adjusting To A Baby In The House

I may be jinxing myself blogging about this, but I'm going to enjoying while I can {and certainly share that joy}. Andrew is such a GOOD baby. When you have a newborn and decide to nurse you're told to nurse them every 2-3 hours. A couple of times while we were in the hospital due to pediatrician rounds and such, Andrew had gone 6 hours between feedings {needless to say, not very comfortable for mommy}. Day/Night 1 at home I continued the 2-3 hour feedings, however, when I got a little preoccupied prior to one of the feedings noticed Andrew happily went 4 hours between feedings. Day/Night 2 & 3... I decided to wake Andrew up every 2-3 hours to feed during the day and left him alone for the night to see what he would do... viola!!! I've only gotten up once both nights. His first feeding of the morning he eats REALLY well because of the long stretch then he stays up and alert for about 30 minutes {very quietly I might add} and settles into his every 2-3 hour routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment